David possesses a bachelor’s degree from Utah State University in Family, Consumer, & Human Development, a master’s degree from Seattle Pacific University in Marriage and Family Therapy, and a Doctoral degree from Loma Linda University in Marital and Family Therapy. As a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, David works with a broad spectrum of clients. His approach incorporates solution-focused, cognitive-behavioral, and structural-strategic family therapy principles. His experience includes working with adolescents, adults, couples, and families. His expertise includes relational and individual problems, marriage preparation, and veteran/PTSD issues, adult & adolescent with drug and alcohol problems.
David Allred is a well-rounded compassionate man that enjoys his family, travel, and great food. He also is a Veteran and currently serving in the Army Reserves as a Military Police Investigator.
- Bachelors in Family, Consumer, & Human Development from Utah State University (BS)
- Masters in Marriage & Family Therapy from Seattle Pacific University (MS)
- Doctorate in Marriage & Family Therapy from Loma Linda University (DMFT)
- Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT)
- Certified PREPARE, ENRICH, & MATE assessment tool for Couples
- Certificate of Evidence Based Non-Medical Counseling Strategies for Military Populations (MFLC)
- Military Family Life Consultant (MFLC)
- Ordained Minister with the American Marriage Ministries
- Certified Grief Counselor Specialist (CGCS)
Dr. David D. Allred has been changing people’s lives for over a decade. In this time, he has become a multiculturalist mental health professional with an overall wellness foundation. He brings together Eastern and Western practices through a biological-psychological-social-spiritual perspective. He believes in a process called co-learning. Co-learning is where the client and therapist learn from one another, this in-turn creates a powerful alliance to discover change and removes unhealthy dynamics within the client(s) life. David believes therapy is a process of discovering new and alternative possibilities. He likes to challenge his client(s) in hopes that they will challenge him back!